Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Killer Heels by Rebecca Chance


A bitchy boss, ambitious underlings and a magazine magnate to rule them all! The players that make up this fabulous story are all larger than life and their antics make for sizzling reading.

Clever Luton girl Coco Raeburn has worked and starved her way into a glittering fashion career taking her from London to Manhattan in record time, but she is now a mere shadow of her former self. Her ruthless boss Victoria Glossop is used to getting her own way in everything, especially when it comes to her career, until an unexpected liaison threatens everything she has worked so insistently for. Then there is King of the Castle, media mogul Jacob Dupleix, who dangerously mixes business with pleasure.

I've never read a Rebecca Chance before but this certainly won’t be my last! She writes so convincingly about the fashion industry and the dog-eat-dog hierarchy of the magazine world. I was also surprised by the scorching sex scenes – much hotter and varied than Fifty Shades! I would think that a lot of comparisons have been made with The Devil Wears Prada, which I have also read. I have to admit that although I like both, I would say Killer Heels is better; being more dramatic and sassy, bitchier and sexier than DWP.

With a brilliant front cover (Killer Heels indeed!); this book is full of lust, sex, and revenge with a host of glamorous and colourful characters that I really wasn't expecting. The story is told from a different perspective chapter by chapter so you are kept in the loop from all sides and I was shocked to see how it all played out in the end. I can’t wait to see what other Rebecca Chance novels have in store.

Some of my own Killer Heels!

No comments:

Post a Comment